[mrtg] Factor

Sun Nov 25 22:52:53 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:49:24 +1300
"Steve Shipway" <s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> > I upgraded from 2.10.13 to 2.14.7 and the graphs now indicate a
> > temperature of 48000.0 degrees instead of 48.0 degrees. Apparantly
> mrtg
> > ignores the line:
> >
> > Factor[cpu-temp]: 0.001
> >
> > Did I miss something or did I find a bug?
>
> Some versions of MRTG only support integers in the Factor[] directive
> when generating the graph images, for some reason - this may be a bug,
> or a result of the .log file format (native MRTG only stores
> integers). As far as I know, though, all the RRDTool frontends will
> correctly support decimals in Factor[] (and in RRDTool mode, MRTG
> doesn't generate the graphs itself so never uses this directive
> anyway)

The logfiles contain the right values (48000). But I downgraded to
2.10.13 and the problem has gone. I just wanted to upgrade to use the
new mail and hysteresis options, but the shell script is doing the job
now :)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.