[mrtg] MRTG Graph Drops Off after 128mbps

Ed Dela Cruz tech.spyder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:55:12 CET 2007

Hi,
   We're using MRTG to monitor our bandwidth usage on our DS3 links.  There seems to be a problem with the graphing if it goes above 128mbps.  I've attached a capture of whats happening.

Figure's 1 to 3 show our 3 DS3's traffic and figure 4 shows that traffic combined. For some reason, the combined traffic is showing major drops in bandwidth, but the 3 DS3's show normal bandwidth usage during that same time.

It looks like the combined graph is chopping whenever the bandwidth usage goes above 128mbps.  The max speed for the graphs is set to 150Mbits/s. I'd appreciate if anyone could share any info that might help out.

Regards,
Ed Dela Cruz
GTA Inet Support
http://www.teleguam.net