[mrtg] Inbound and outbound values are identical

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Oct 4 14:26:42 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 23:49 -0400, Chris Miroslaw wrote:
> Hello,
>

> This is the third time I am sending this e-mail out. I apologize for
> spamming but could someone please respond to it with any answer?

Perhaps if you told us what version of code you were running (on either
the ASA or MRTG), or if you posted a sanitized mrtg config, we might
have more insight for you.

I don't have any ASA in production, but my 9 FWSM and many PIX all
report traffic appropriately.

> Does anyone have issues with MRTG and an ASA appliance? MRTG keeps
> reporting inbound and outbound values as being identical.

Is your topology "pix on a stick?"

>  I saw a couple posts regarding some SNMP changes with ASAs and was
> curious to see if anyone else had seen this. I can’t find a straight
> answer.

In the release notes I have read, there were some mib additions in the
8.0.x train - I think the entity mib just got added, but going from
memory here - but no indications that existing mibs were changed at all.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy