[mrtg] MRTG problems on a Foundry Switch?

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Tue Oct 9 01:58:19 CEST 2007

I've been running MRTG for years and never had a problem like this.
I just introduced a new switch into our network and wanted to
monitor it.

http://www.web-ster.com/bakers/foundry_1-day.png

It seems like any time this port goes over 110 or so Mb/s the graph
freaks out. It's like the counters are looping because it's so much
bandwidth. The config is super simple:

Target[foundry_1]: 1:xxxxxx at xxxxx:
SetEnv[foundry_1]: MRTG_INT_IP="" MRTG_INT_DESCR="GigabitEthernet1"
MaxBytes[foundry_1]: 125000000
Title[foundry_1]: Traffic Analysis for 1 -- FESX424 Router
PageTop[foundry_1]: <H1>Traffic Analysis for 1</H1>
Options[foundry_1]: bits

I'm thinking maybe this is a problem with the hardware and not MRTG?
Anyone had this problem before?

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253