[mrtg] Threshold problem

Adam Bayless adam at baylessfamily.org
Thu Oct 25 23:02:56 CEST 2007

Steve Shipway thought no one was listening and belted out:
>> I don't have threshhyst defined in the config file so that if should
>> evaluate to
>> true!! As far as I can find in the code there is no global definition
> for
>> threshhyst
>> that would override the fact that I haven't defined it in my config
> file.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> You have not set ThreshDir in your .cfg file, so there is nowhere it can
> put the threshold history file.  EG:
>
> Threshdir: /var/tmp/thresholds
>
> This will get it working (don't forget to create the threshold directory
> and make it writeable by the mrtg process)
>
> Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't actually want the Threshdir option and I don't
have it on any of my other configs (which are working just fine with thresholds). I
want it to run the threshprog once for every run of mrtg that returns out of bound data.

Thanks,

Adam