[mrtg] Few Quetions regarding MRTG+RRD

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 8 00:41:23 CEST 2008

1) Does 14all do this?  I know that you get this if you use routers2 as
the frontend instead of 14all, but I don't think 14all supports this
functionality.  For more information on routers2 (including a demo), see
http://www.steveshipway.org/software . I think it's good, but then, I'm
biased, so don't necessarily take my word on it.

2) You set Interval:1 in the .cfg file, the delete the .rrd file(s), and
allow MRTG to re-create them with a 1 minute interval.  You will also
need to make certain that your MRTG data collection task is running
every minute..  This should not be difficult.

3) SNMP OIDs are constant; however, not every SNMP agent will support
all of them.  The agent may choose to use the standard way to report
RAM, or (eg: Microsoft..) they may report it in a different OID under
their own Enterprise branch.  However, if two machines have the same OS
and the same SNMP agent, then the OIDs should be the same.

Steve