[mrtg] Perl RegEx question

Scott S. Heath SHeath at udi.com
Thu Apr 17 00:03:22 CEST 2008

The locale is US English

-----Original Message-----
From: "Niall O'Reilly" <Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie>
To: "Scott S. Heath" <SHeath at udi.com>
Cc: "Niall O'Reilly" <Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie>; mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
Sent: 4/16/2008 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [mrtg] Perl RegEx question

On 16 Apr 2008, at 22:34, Scott S. Heath wrote:
> From this it looks like it's reading the file fine, and the regex is
> correct. What would be causing that last 0 getting dropped off?

	I'm guessing, and may be wide of the mark.

	Check your locale.  I don't know enough about locale to
	give any more detailed information.

	Check the length of your line, and whether there are any
	non-printing characters (eg NUL: 0x0) between '5' and '0',
	or any unexpected characters anywhere.

	Check whether the '0' is really a zero, or another character
	which somehow 'looks like' a zero.

	Inserting an additional line of code as follows may help with
	some of the above.

my $ReplayqueueFile = <$REPLAYQUEUEFILE>;
warn join(':', map { ord $_ } ( split('', $ReplayqueueFile))), "\n";
if ($ReplayqueueFile =~ m/(\d+)/) {

	/Niall