[mrtg] Perl RegEx question

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Apr 16 23:57:36 CEST 2008

On 16 Apr 2008, at 22:34, Scott S. Heath wrote:
> From this it looks like it's reading the file fine, and the regex is
> correct. What would be causing that last 0 getting dropped off?

	I'm guessing, and may be wide of the mark.

	Check your locale.  I don't know enough about locale to
	give any more detailed information.

	Check the length of your line, and whether there are any
	non-printing characters (eg NUL: 0x0) between '5' and '0',
	or any unexpected characters anywhere.

	Check whether the '0' is really a zero, or another character
	which somehow 'looks like' a zero.

	Inserting an additional line of code as follows may help with
	some of the above.

my $ReplayqueueFile = <$REPLAYQUEUEFILE>;
warn join(':', map { ord $_ } ( split('', $ReplayqueueFile))), "\n";
if ($ReplayqueueFile =~ m/(\d+)/) {

	/Niall