[mrtg] cfgstoragemaker replacement

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Fri Apr 18 09:20:38 CEST 2008

Hi all

I looked for cfgstoragemaker but that project appears to have faded
out even though there is a still a link to it, the downloads are
gone.

I have written my own solution that is in two parts, first generates
graphs for all the RAM storage, and the second generates graphs for
all the disks found.  What I need to know is how much interest there
is in this script, because at the moment it is a bit specific to my
needs, but if there is interest I can generalize it and contribute
it.

It is a shell/awk script combo, I don't do PERL (-:

one question though:  at this time we are suffering blackouts every 2
days (2 hours long) and when a machine comes up it sometimes reports
the wrong (small) real memory size.  any ideas why?  (FreeBSD 6.2 at
the moment, will be 6.3 after Saturday, and 7.0 next week sometime)

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research