[mrtg] cfgstoragemaker replacement

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 09:58:33 CEST 2008

DA Forsyth wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I looked for cfgstoragemaker but that project appears to have faded
> out even though there is a still a link to it, the downloads are
> gone.
>
> I have written my own solution that is in two parts, first generates
> graphs for all the RAM storage, and the second generates graphs for
> all the disks found.  What I need to know is how much interest there
> is in this script, because at the moment it is a bit specific to my
> needs, but if there is interest I can generalize it and contribute
> it.
>
> It is a shell/awk script combo, I don't do PERL (-:

ME! ME, ME, ME, ME, ME! Getting something vaguely supported to phase out
cfgstoragemaker would be great!

I've lacked the time to get hrStorage vagaries worked out, and
cfgstoragemaker broke when I upgraded to RHEL.

Shell is fine, I'm actually better with shell.

> one question though:  at this time we are suffering blackouts every 2
> days (2 hours long) and when a machine comes up it sometimes reports
> the wrong (small) real memory size.  any ideas why?  (FreeBSD 6.2 at
> the moment, will be 6.3 after Saturday, and 7.0 next week sometime)

Couldn't tell you. Is the *client* the problem, or the server?