[mrtg] servers on ports (was: no subject)

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 5 00:08:36 CEST 2008

The way we achieve this is for the network admins to put the connected host name into the port description on the switches.  Then, cfgmaker pulls out the port description which is placed in the Target definition for the link names and titles and so on.  It also allows our snazzy config tool to parse through the links and putt Routers2 crosslinks between the Targets to link the port graphs and the host graphs, but you'd have to take care of that yourself.

Steve