[mrtg] Can rrd files be tuned for negative numbers at creation?

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Aug 12 15:40:34 CEST 2008

I just put in my first tenGigabitEthernet link, and started setting up
monitoring.  Since our path is a little flakey, I decided I wanted to
monitor the received signal strength.  So, with a little help from
Cisco, I managed to find the rss and tss in the cisco-entity-sensor-mib.

The units reported are centi-Bels, and I have to use rrdtool tune to set
the minimum to a negative number, along with a factor to get it to
display properly in deciBels

Glancing through the mrtg reference, there doesn't seem to be any hooks
that would allow me to set up the rrdfiles to be tunes properly from the
git-go.  Does anyone have a suggestion about how I might add that?

Also, for this particular monitor, percentage is pretty much irrelevant.
Is there a routers2.cgi directive that will remove percentages from one
particular graph?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy