[mrtg] Can rrd files be tuned for negative numbers at creation?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 12 23:57:16 CEST 2008

>Glancing through the mrtg reference, there doesn't seem to be any hooks
>that would allow me to set up the rrdfiles to be tunes properly from the
>git-go.  Does anyone have a suggestion about how I might add that?

As far as I know, there is no 'MinBytes[]' directive in MRTG (yet) - the minimum always defaults to zero and you have to rrdtune to change it.

>Also, for this particular monitor, percentage is pretty much irrelevant.
>Is there a routers2.cgi directive that will remove percentages from one
>particular graph?

Yes.  See the documentation in doc/MRTG_INFO with the routers2 software.
    routers.cgi*Options[]: nopercent
There is also a 'nopercent' option in the standard MRTG options which is supported.
There are also the routers.cgi*UpperLimit[] and routers.cgi*LowerLimit[], and the extended option 'rigid', which might be useful when you have a value that extends below zero.

Steve

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy