[mrtg] cfgmaker template library

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Aug 22 06:29:34 CEST 2008

Sounds as if what you need is the interface filter rather than a template.  Depending on how you want to limit the selected interfaces, this may do it - if you want to do only ethernet interfaces and not WAN, for example, then filters are perfect for the job.  If you want to specify 'just Gi1_3 and Gi3_6' then this is harder.

You could do it with an interface template - with a bit of coding.  I might write one to do this.  You can append interface templates (and host templates) to combine mul;tiple requirements.

Steve

From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Mersberger, Robert [robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com]

 I have been looking at the templates you have loaded and hope to try
some of them next week.  I would like the ability to run cfgmaker for
only selected interfaces and was wondering if I would need a template to
do this? This would be on Cisco equipment mainly.