[mrtg] cfgmaker template library

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Aug 22 06:31:56 CEST 2008

>Ok, I've uploaded a half dozen or so...

Thanks!  I'll check them out, and try to merge things together into monolithic templates if possible.

In the absence of any other guidance, I'm using a suffic of .tp for interface templates and .htp for host templates.

>Do you want iftemplates in the same topic?  I didn't upload any of my
>iftemplates

I'm trying to identify if the template is a host or interface one in the subject.  I've a 'routers2-aware' if-template up there at the moment.

>> My goal is to create a single, monolithic host template that
>> identifies the device type and hooks in all the appropriate things for
>> host monitoring, sort of like cfgmaker-host and cfgstoragemaker all
>> rolled up into a template.
>
>Really hard.  IOS will kick you, because IOS Modularity and IOS
>Monolithic have slightly different MIBs relating to memory pools and a
>couple of other things, but they show up with the same sysOID....

Well, at the moment I've a fairly good one for hosts and CPU - I think the key is to check the sysdescr and then hook in the appropriate OID; or else use oid_pick to identify what's the best available.

Steve

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy