[mrtg] Parsing HTML GUI

Mick michaelkintzios at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:35:42 CEST 2008

Hi All,

(First message to the list!)

I am trying to get my head around mrtg and find out if I may be able to
monitor my modem's stats.  I see in Google that without SNMP people would
either use the modem's syslog and parse that when it arrives at the server,
or login to the router using a telnet script and parse the stats from the
telnet UI.

My modem (a 2WIRE 1800HG used in fully-bridged mode) does not offer telnet or
SNMP access.  I can only get to it via http/s.  Unfortunately, I have no
knowledge of perl, to be able to hack a script for this purpose.

Is this list appropriate to ask help for something like this?  Happy to post
the HTML page with the stats if needed.
--
Regards,
Mick