[mrtg] Parsing HTML GUI

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Aug 27 23:19:42 CEST 2008

>(First message to the list!)

>My modem (a 2WIRE 1800HG used in fully-bridged mode) does not offer telnet or
>SNMP access.  I can only get to it via http/s.  Unfortunately, I have no
>knowledge of perl, to be able to hack a script for this purpose.

I wrote up something like that a long time ago.  I used LWP.pm as the main parsing engine.  Unfortunately, that was several jobs ago, so I don't believe I have the source.

But LWP is a fairly simple module to use in perl, so I would recommend that you take this as a great opportunity to be introduced to perl.

perldoc LWP should give you enough guidance to get started.

>Is this list appropriate to ask help for something like this?

Yes.

>Happy to post the HTML page with the stats if needed.

Not until you get to the point that you need help with the regex.
--
Dan McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX