[mrtg] mrtg-questions

nangineni praneeth nv_2030 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 20:26:28 CET 2008

Thank you very much....That certains does explain that it requires the max bytes option when its polling counters like cpu load etc to calculate the percentages. In mrtg-ping-probe its mentioned like this

 "we   set the max bytes to a value in ms that we consider normal for an unused link so that  the percent values show how much you are off when the line is used heavily"

..just want a good answer so that my prof cannot catch me on that:p........

"More than likely, inbound latency and outbound latency, but you would
need to check the mrtg-ping-probe file to make certain".yes i did check the mrtg-ping-probe file.......it says any script should return four lines of output

         1 ) current state of the first variable, normally 'incoming bytes count'

          2)  current state of the second variable, normally 'outgoing bytes count'

But since its rtt i am unable to link this bytes count to ms.....

Regards
Venkat