[mrtg] cfgmaker issue

Pili Muñoz Gargallo mugnoz.pilar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 21:17:43 CET 2008

Hi all,
I have been trying to implement a perl template in order to calculate the
real Maxbytes of a device but i haven´t been lucky.
i have to read a OID of *another* device and then make calculations over it.
Re-reading mrtg-cfgmaker instructions i have discovered *
oid_pick($router_connect,$v3opt,"oid1","oid2"...)*. the idea is to read the
nunber of interfaces and then ask for every interface the ip of the device
which limitates the bandwith and then define $router_connect2 and use
oid_pick($router_connect2, oid1)
has anyone probe something similar?
do you know if it is possible to use oid_pick with a different device you
are monitoring?

In my template i tried to use snmpget but it complained about it.

thanks you very much in advance...