[mrtg] monitoring solution for wan links

Daniel daniel at poligraph.com.br
Tue Feb 12 03:56:24 CET 2008

I had links between headquarter and aroung 10 branches. I need a monitoring plataform to give-me solicited snap-shots about link usage.

I use MRTG to have global link usage snapshot and history.
Nagios give-me warnings about outage, high traffic or poor link condition using icmp.
When I feel that the link is slow I need know wich IPs in my lan cause these condion (an snaphot), like top users and what they doing  (protocol and ports they using). I know that I need to use an sniffer to colect data.
I woul like group information by destiny network (i.e branchA, branchB, ... and if possible display it in a webserver.

I appreciate sugestions,

Thanks!
Daniel.