[mrtg] Peaks on graphs

Gerardo Gálvez g_galvezc at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 19:12:48 CEST 2008

Hello:

I'm running the MRTG for monitor the traffic of some thousands of devices, but suddenly some graphs has record peaks of traffic which is not real (The typical device operates around 256 Kbps and the metioned peaks shows traffic of 6 Mbps)

I wonder if this behaviour is associated with a maximum capacity of MRTG for manage thousands of devices, or maybe with a requirement regarding the memory and/or CPU of the used server.

Thanks in advanced for your help