[mrtg] Memory Usage with Changing Instances

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 04:22:49 CEST 2008

McDonald, Dan wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 08:27 +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> There used to be a useful scripting tool for this called
>> 'cfgstoragemaker'. Unfortunately, it stopped working back around the
>> release of RHEL 5, and I've never gotten it to work again. It
>> successfully probed the devices and produced valid looking .cfg files,
>> but MRTG itself had some problem I've never solved, actually using
>> hrStorage values instead of numerical OID's. And I've never spent the
>> time to get numerical OID's out of it.
>>

> Just add a LoadMibs: line to your config and include the mib file that
> contains hrStorage.  I think that's HOST-RESOURCES-MIB. I use symbolic
> names almost exclusively.  Here is my LoadMibs: statement (note - only
> one line allowed, and only one LoadMibs statement allowed.  Also, the
> order is important...)

This has been stated repeatedly, and it *DOES NOT WORK*. The MIBS for
other options work fine, but for any of the hrStorage operations they
fail. I have the same MIBS listed as cfgstoragemaker uses to generate
the files, snmpwalk works fine, the settings are there.

This used to work with RHEL 4. I need either someone comfortable with
debugging MRTG's perl, or a tool to include to turn the symbloc OID's
into numerical OID's for me.