[mrtg] Memory Usage with Changing Instances

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Thu Jul 24 08:59:05 CEST 2008

On 24 Jul 2008 , Nico Kadel-Garcia entreated about
 "Re: [mrtg] Memory Usage with Changing Instances":

> >> There used to be a useful scripting tool for this called
> >> 'cfgstoragemaker'. Unfortunately, it stopped working back around the

> This has been stated repeatedly, and it *DOES NOT WORK*. The MIBS for
> other options work fine, but for any of the hrStorage operations they
> fail. I have the same MIBS listed as cfgstoragemaker uses to generate
> the files, snmpwalk works fine, the settings are there.
>
> This used to work with RHEL 4. I need either someone comfortable with
> debugging MRTG's perl, or a tool to include to turn the symbloc OID's
> into numerical OID's for me.

snmptranslate can do that
   snmptranslate  -Tz  | grep -i storage

combine that info with
   snmpwalk -v 2c -c community server.name hrStorageTable

and you have all the oid's you ever wanted

OR
grab the beta of my cfgstoragemaker replacement from
http://www.ru.ac.za/institutes/iwr/iwdf/

NOTE: based on feedback from one tester it has some options for Red
Hat.  I use it on FreeBSD and it works fine, it is what I use to
generate my cfg files (including as a cron job after booting)
If you make mods that would make it more general across OS's, please
send me a copy with explanations so I can update it with relevant
options.  You need to read the README and the cfgstorage.sh to get it
working. (no, I don't do perl)

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research