[mrtg] Interface resolution by name, description may be sometimes broken in 2.16.2

Feijo, Fernando Fernando.Feijo at aaronrents.com
Tue Jul 29 17:51:34 CEST 2008

If you upgraded to 2.16.2 and noticed some of your queries stopped
working, see if you are doing it by description "i.e.
ifInErrors\My-If2&ifOutErrors\My-If3:public at myrouter" or name   "i.e.
ifInErrors#3/7&ifOutErrors#3/7:public at myrouter".

I had this problem, and rolling back to 2.15.2 made it go away.
Naturally I do not know if other devices will experience the problem;
here it happened with three Cisco 2960's and one HP Procurve 4108GL.

Fernando