[mrtg] ping probe high latency

AA Inter.Network Services / SYED JAHANZAiB aacable at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:25:02 CET 2008

Hi,

I m using linux ping probe to monitor my systems and various devices latency.

But the problem is when the target system is off, the graph shows high latency like 3000-4000 ms, look at Web   :  http://www.aacablenet.org/mrtg/10.0.8.2.ping.html

instead showing high graphs, it should show downtime, like the windows base mrtg shows.
what parameters should I use with ping probe so it should show downtime instead high latency.

Also one more question, when we ping from windows pc to any host which is not available , it shows request time, but in linux it shows destination host unreacheable, how we adopt windows like ping result behaviour in linux ? (it should show request tiem out when the target pc is off)

Regards,

SYED JAHANZAIB

AA CABLE.NETWORK SERVICES

Email  :  aacable at hotmail.com [MSN Messenger]