[mrtg] Graph Spikes

Darren.Terry at cox.com Darren.Terry at cox.com
Wed Mar 12 21:31:16 CET 2008

Hello,

            I setup a large MRTG/RRD system (30K) graphs with a mixture
of devices. One set of devices seem to be giving me issues. The graphs
have spikes in them seemingly in the same places throughout the graph. I
have checked all that I know to check and am appealing to you for
suggestions.

            The system this is running on is a dual Xeon @3GHz with 8GB
of memory and four SCSI U320 drives in RAID 5. It is connected to the
network via a dedicated 100Mbit line. I have attached an image of one of
the graphs and also sent it to imageshack here:

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphss8.png

Thanks!