[mrtg] RE : real-time throughput measurement

saka valériane sakavaleriane at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 19 19:48:10 CET 2008

Thank you for your answer but I want however to try with MRTG, after that, I’ll see if the real time of 30 seconds is enough or not.  So, can you give me your configuration please?
  Thanks

MrPaul <mrpaular at gmail.com> a écrit : I don't think MRTG is the tool for you to use if you are wanting real time statistics.  The smallest that I've seen are down to 30 seconds.  Is that real time enough?

If you need something that refreshes quicker than that then maybe something like the commercial software PRTG or one of the Arbor products will fit your needs / budget.

However, for most applications the 5 minute polling interval is more than adequate.

Paul
CCIE 19936