[mrtg] RE : real-time throughput measurement

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Mar 20 14:12:33 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 19:48 +0100, saka valériane wrote:
> Thank you for your answer but I want however to try with MRTG, after
> that, I’ll see if the real time of 30 seconds is enough or not.
> So, can you give me your configuration please?

Interval: 0:30

Then delete all of your RRD files (yes, you have to use rrdtool as the
backend) and let MRTG create new ones.
You will have to have some way of running the poll every 30 seconds -
Cron has a 1 minute granularity, so you will need to use

RunAsDaemon: yes

I'd also highly suggest that you limit the snmp timeouts to one or two
seconds

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy