[mrtg] Problem with Cisco 2924 Switch

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon May 5 14:58:58 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 21:46 -0400, Kevin Neumann wrote:
> I am having problems reporting on a Cisco 2924 switch.  I had MRTG
> setup and running on a previous Cisco switch, but it died and now I
> can't get this one working correctly.

Cisco 2924 was notorious for terrible snmp support.  check the version
of code you are running.  As I recall, the XE train was particularly
bad, and they fixed it later.

We've thankfully retired all of our 2924's so I haven't kept up on which
version of code actually works for them.
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy