[mrtg] How to change the default MaxBytes?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 6 23:50:22 CEST 2008

The cfgmaker script pulls the MaxBytes value from the router/switch MIB.
If your device is reporting incorrect MaxBytes values (some
routers/switches require this to be set manually) then that's what
cfgmaker will use (I had this problem with some frame relay routers
once).

You probably also want to make sure that you are using SNMPv2 not SNMPv1
since the issue may be here.  Make sure you have the :::::2 SNMP options
set when you call cfgmaker.

Steve

I wanted to know how can I change this default value so all the Mrtg
graphs come with the MaxBytes value of 10Mbits.

Is it something in the cfgmaker script that needs to be altered?