[mrtg] how to show all ports graphs ?

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Thu May 15 10:03:57 CEST 2008

On 15 May 2008 , ehaha at 126.com entreated about
 "[mrtg] how to show all ports graphs ?":

>  but what is it "--show-op-down" or "--no-down" mean ?

for me, when I give
perl d:\mrtg\bin\cfgmaker.pl  --no-down --ifdesc=eth class at servername

is does exactly as expected, it creates a working target for every
port in the switch

if I leave the "--no-down out" it comments out the ports that are
down.

admittedly, this is an older install of mrtg on my harddrive that I
use just for setting up my switch cfg because I do a 'lot of'
processing that ends up with each port showing which computer is
attached to the port.  I could port all the scripts to my FreeBSD box
but just don't feel like it, so for now it runs on my desktop and the
resulting cfg gets transferred to the mrtg host running freeBSD.

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research