[mrtg] Exclude an ip address or multiple addressess??

RobInMtl rob.morin at interhubinc.com
Fri Nov 7 16:13:15 CET 2008

Hello all... i have searched around and found a few others asking the same
question but no real answers on how i would exclude an IP address or range
of addresses from MRTG calculation/graphs...

IE: i use MRTG to monitor ports on my inter switches, each port corresponds
to a person's PC that i want to keep tabs on their bandwidth usage to and
from the outside world, however if these users also copy, lets say a 2 gig
file from the server it shows up on the graph, and i cannot tell whether its
from outside or inside... so i would like to exclude all traffic going and
coming from a few servers in my internal LAN...

Can someone point me to any docs for this?

Thanks...

Rob...
Montreal