[mrtg] mrtg on OS X working / cpu usage?

Lozano_Art Lozano_Art at lacoe.edu
Fri Nov 7 19:53:05 CET 2008

Hi,

   I do not know about the disk usage, but this is what I use on FreeBSD.  It is a config that calls an external perl script that takes the info from "uptime" and formats it for mrtg.  I am sure you can adapt it to Max OSX.

#---------------------------------------------------------------
# CPU on FREEBSD
#---------------------------------------------------------------
Target[system_cpu]: `/usr/local/www/data/cpuusage.sh`
AbsMax[system_cpu]: 10000
MaxBytes[system_cpu]: 500
Options[system_cpu]: gauge,growright,nopercent
YLegend[system_cpu]: Percent CPU Load
ShortLegend[system_cpu]: .
Legend1[system_cpu]: CPU load in %
Legend2[system_cpu]: CPU load in %
Legend3[system_cpu]: Max Observed CPU load
Legend4[system_cpu]: Max Observed CPU load
LegendI[system_cpu]:  CPU Load:
LegendO[system_cpu]:
Colours[system_cpu]: GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#0000ff,GRAY#AAAAAA,VIOLET#ff00ff
WithPeak[system_cpu]: ymw
Title[system_cpu]: SYSTEM CPU Usage
PageTop[system_cpu]: <H1>SYSTEM CPU Usage</H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>192.168.1.1 - SYSTEM 5 minute average CPU Load</TD></TR>
 </TABLE>
#---------------------------------------------------------------

mrtg# cat cpuusage.sh
#!/usr/bin/perl

$load=`uptime`;

chop($load);
$load=~ /.averages:.+, (.+),.+/;
$la=$1*100;
print "$la\n";                  #Load in a 5 minute average
print "0\n";                    #Script running mrtg update
print "$load\n";                #Uptime
print "systemname.com\n";       #Hostname

Regards,

-Art