[mrtg] cfgmaker with template using SNMPv3 problems

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Sat Nov 8 16:21:16 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 19:00 +0000, Dunc wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been succesfully using cfgmaker to create me a config using
> SNMPv3 for a while now, just for the standard interface graphs.
>
> I'm now trying to create a host template to graph memory usage.
>
> I've shamelessly ripped off the CPU template example from the cfgmaker
> guide webpage and added the correct OID, I'm almost there apart from
> the fact that it doesn't create the SnmpOptions line in the resultant
> config file, and $router_connect doesn't contain my SNMP options string.

Correct.  In a host template, you can't use $default_target, so you need
to create two lines: one that calls $router, and one that calls
$v3options

Target[$target_name]: cpmCPUTotal5secRev.$instance&cpmCPUTotal1minRev.$instance:$router
SnmpOptions[$target_name]: $v3options

Look at Steve Shipway's template support forum at
http://steveshipway.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1612
for more examples.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy