[mrtg] Problem to get OID/MIB for collision packets

MYCheng stcslylc at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:30:39 CET 2008

Hi Daniel J McDonald,

Good day!

Thanks for the advice to fix our IPSO firewall packet collisions issue,
however this only workable for firewall but in BIG-IP load balancer, it
didn't work, my efforts as follows:

> use the same MIB file ETHERLIKE-MIB to retrieve an information from
> BIG-IP-LB but failed.
>use the MIB file from MIBdepot site that grouped under F5 big-IP vendor
area, the correct MIB file to get this monitoring item
dot3StatsSingleCollisionFrames,dot3StatsMultipleCollisionFrames,dot3StatsExcessiveCollisions,dot3StatsLateCollisions)
is F5-BIGIP-SYSTEM-MIB, after put this MIB file into the GEtif folder, i can
see the symbolic name appeared in the GEtif list but while i trying to
retrieve the result remotely it was failed, no result shown, the snmp
connectivity is fine, just wondering why i can't retrieve the information.

Seeking your kind advise to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Cheng - System Engineer.