[mrtg] mrtg latest version and platform question

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Fri Oct 3 15:26:58 CEST 2008

A big chunk of our development environment is virtualized and during the
last MRTG upgrade we did the dev work on a virtualized system. The
biggest problem we had was a clock drift issue which utterly broke MRTG.
Without a reliable clock, RRD updates become bogus. I suspect this issue
is fixed now (it's been a while) but the quickest way for me to deal
with it was to go to a non-virtualized system.

This explains the problem and a workaround:
http://www.djax.co.uk/kb/linux/vmware_clock_drift.html

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward Jones, please send this request to messages at edwardjones.com.  You must include the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.  For important additional information related to this e-mail, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure