[mrtg] help with MRTG

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 17 02:25:43 CEST 2008

1. Make sure the server in question supports SNMP.
2. See the cfgmaker host templates at  http://www.steveshipway.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

The cfgmaker host templates will create MRTG configurations for host CPU, Memory, and so on, in addition to network and disk space. The 'cfgmaker template for all hosts and devices' can be used as a cfgmaker host template to obtain everything you're interested in.

If you do not have SNMP capability on your host, then you will need to use a different method to obtain the data.

Steve