[mrtg] help with MRTG

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Oct 17 11:44:56 CEST 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:25:43 +0100, Steve Shipway
<s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> If you do not have SNMP capability on your host, then you will need to
> use a different method to obtain the data.

	For example, I use the configuration fragment shown below.
	I expect there are cleverer people on the list who might
	have a better solution, but this works for me.

Target[clerihew-root]:
   `df / | awk '$NF=="/" { print $4; print $2; print 0; print 0 }'`
Directory[clerihew-root]: servers/clerihew
MaxBytes[clerihew-root]: 1000000000
YTicsFactor[clerihew-root]: 1024
Factor[clerihew-root]: 1024
YLegend[clerihew-root]: Space (/)
LegendI[clerihew-root]: Free space
LegendO[clerihew-root]: Total space
Legend1[clerihew-root]: Free space
Legend2[clerihew-root]: Total space
ShortLegend[clerihew-root]: Bytes
Title[clerihew-root]:
   Server clerihew: available space on '/'
PageTop[clerihew-root]:
   <H1> Available space on server <cite> clerihew:/ </cite> </H1>

	For CPU load, you'll probably find a useful script or two
	in the 'contrib' directory of the MRTG distribution.

	IHTH,
	/Niall