[mrtg] bytes v/s bits

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Oct 27 18:03:38 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 17:31 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> [...]

And more than that, it is only default for Target(s)[]: following the
Options[_]: statement.

> Try Options[mytools_my-router-1_3.interfacegigabitethernet0-0]:
> bits,growright

Right.

> Or find the line currently specifying options for your target, and remove
> it.
>
> You cannot have both.

You can, with Options[^]:

> And Dan MacDonald's question may also be very important... you can set all
> the options you want but if the front-end doesn't use them...

I'm trying to remember if the stored value in the rrdfile is in bits, or
if it is always bytes and the display always does the multiplication.
Seems like sometimes you need to re-create the rrd/logfile when you
change the options.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy