[mrtg] MRTG : How to print Serie Legend + Max/Min/Avg IN graph ?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 3 01:08:02 CEST 2008

If you are using the Routers2 frontend, you can do this by using the special '&page=image' option.

1) Go to the graph page you want in the routers2 frontend (including time period and graph size, etc)
2) Click on 'bookmark' to obtain the full URL of the page
3) Take the generated bookmark, and append '&page=image' to it.
4) This new URL will extract just the image, and can be used in an embedded IMG tag.
The image contains all the numerical values apart from the 95th Percentile and Total calculations.

We have successfully used this method for popup graphs in the network weathermap, for example.

Steve

Fun is with the fact I need to link and display generated graphs in/from other html pages,
meaning Serie Legend, Min, Max and Avg info are lost. Parsing html pages to retrieve
info will be far too long and too frequent to process.

Is it a way, like with rrdtool, to print serie info and min/max/avg bellow the
graph but in the .png file such as data to be always updated with correct info ?