[mrtg] 14all.cgi with time based feature ??

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 10 23:47:07 CEST 2009

> I have my mrtg setup in rrdformat and 14all.cgi which will generate graphs
> from the rrd files. Is there any version/patch available which will ask me
> the time period with start and end date first and then display the graphs
> b/w that period. If this feature is not available in 14all.cgi then is
> there
> any alternate solution for that ?.

This is something that has often been requested for the Routers2 frontend (which does the same job as 14all only better :P ), but it is not as easy to achieve as you'd imagine due to the requirements of graph caching and verification of the requested intervals against available data at the required granularity.

The best you can do with Routers2 at the moment is to enable the 'RRD Archive' feature which will allow you to select a day from the available archive and base your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly graph from that date.

Steve