[mrtg] riverstone

Venkat praneeth Nangineni nv_2030 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 22:20:15 CEST 2009

Well i dont know about linux.But there is a really easy way to do that in windows. There is tool called getif(graphical MIB browser. Use google you should be  finding it easily). With that tool on a windows machine you can find out whether you are receiving any snmp response from the device. It uses snmp commands like snmp get,snmp walk to walk through the MIB of a device.You can also see each OID of the device with its description in the description box which might be extremely useful for you in determining the OID for in traffic and out traffic of a particular interface

I have not used linux so i dont know how to do snmp walk in linux but i have seen people doing it and it is really simple but you wouldnt get the description of which OID represents what object as you would do if you are using getif on a  windows machine.

Personally i think the best way to go about this is to use getif on windows. I have used this  to find out the OID's of hp pro curve switches.

Best regards
Venkat