[mrtg] how to create a mrtg master.cfg file ?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Dec 29 16:33:53 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 09:12 -0600, Lyle Giese wrote:
> Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 09:44 -0500, Sankung Sawo wrote:
> > >

> > I think the include statements have to have the complete path, but it
> > should throw errors if it can't find the file.
> >
> > You may need to define workdir: in master.cfg
> >
> The workdir defines where the log, html & png files go.

quite right.  It's a global setting, and should only be set once.  So,
the best place to put it is in the master.cfg file.  If it is set
multiple times, unpredictable results happen, like the .html or .png
files being updated in the wrong place...

> I don't think that is the same as finding the .cfg files.

naturally.

>   But putting the full path in on the include lines should fix this
> issue.

I agree.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com