[mrtg] Master.cfg file issue

Sankung Sawo sankungsawo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:47:36 CET 2009

Dear All,

I am running mrtg v2.16.2 on Ubuntu 9.04 server. I have installed the system
and configured several devices with individual .cfg files and everything is
working fine except some system/CPU loading is high.

For this I noted from the archives that creating a master.cfg file can
improve system performance. I created the file as follows:
====
Forks: 30
RunAsDaemon: no
Router.cgi*Ignore: yes
#
Include: /etc/mrtg/sw203.cfg
Include: /etc/mrtg/sw204.cfg
========

However, I noticed that only the image/html files for the last device is
updated - the rest are not. Strangely when I move any file to the bottom of
the list in the master.cfg file the graphs are ONLY that device is updated.

Please can someone assist.
Thanks

sankung