[mrtg] Master.cfg file issue

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 29 23:59:17 CET 2009

If you are using Routers2.cgi (which is implied by your use of Routers.cgi*Ignore:yes in the file), then that means you are using RRDTool mode - and if so, then the PNG/HTML files will never be updated as they are only created on demand by the CGI frontend.

Alternatively, if you are using native mode, then the HTML/PNG will be created, but not necessarily where you are expecting.  I suggest you put a WorkDir: directive in the master.cfg at the beginning and look for the files in there.  If your separate component cfg files contain WorkDir directives then they should all be the same (use Directory[] if you want to relocate them under this) and you may find that the other cfg files are being processed but their HTML and PNG are ending up in a different directory

Steve