[mrtg] Calculate bandwidth transfered?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 17 22:04:42 CET 2009

> This may be somewhat o/t, but hope someone here can help... I'm
> looking to somehow calculate bandwidth transferred. Would like to be
> able to see ok, last month, I downnloaded <X> megabytes, uploaded <x>
> megabytes...  Or even daily, weekly, etc...
>
> Is there any tool that does this? Integrate with mrtg or using SNMP?

If you are using MRTG/RRD with Routers2, then you get this calculation
automatically, just enable 'percentile=yes' in the routers2.conf (the
default setting) and you'll get 95th Percentile calculations plus Total
Usage calculations, over whatever period (day, week, month, year) you are
viewing.

Alternatively I believe there are some other 3rd party scripts available in
the contrib. directory that can do this for plain MRTG

Steve