[mrtg] Wrong Values

mikelowrey m.lowrey at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 19:07:09 CET 2009

Sorry if this message is posted twice but I did not get an email from the
mailing list ..

Hi,

I installed MRTG last week as described in MRTG 2.16.2 Linux/Unix
Installation Guide.
Everything works fine - I get data from my cisco fc switches and I can take
a look of the statistics via browser.

Today I compared the data from MRTG and the Fabric Manager Web client (from
Cisco) and the differences of the collected data are pretty huge (up to
50%). In every case MRTG shows lower values.  The values are updated in both
cases every 5 minutes.
If I watch the "live data" directly on the switch it looks like tha Fabric
Manager data are correct.

Any ideas?

My OS ist Solaris 10x86 - binarys are from sunfreeware.com.

rgds,
Mike