[mrtg] hacking readcfg

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Jan 5 22:31:39 CET 2009

So, I had a little time today, and thought I would hack up MRTG_lib.pm
to allow a MinBytes[] parameter, and set up the rrd creation around line
814 of mrtg to use negative numbers from MinBytes.  But I see a lot of
checks around MaxBytes ensuring that the number be positive.

I know that is necessary when logformat is radius, but wondered if I
could relax those just for the case where logformat is rrdtool.

My question is:  can the syntax checking in %mrtgrules used by readcfg
refer to global configuration directives that would have occurred
earlier in the configuration file?  Or would I have to move all of that
logic into cfgcheck?  (in Which case, it would be around line 883 of
MRTG_lin.pm)

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy