[mrtg] Config file help

Sean Cheesman scheesman at caeveo.com
Tue Jan 20 05:21:11 CET 2009

Try gauge then.

Treat the values gathered from target as 'current status' measurements and not as ever incrementing counters. This would be useful to monitor things like disk space, processor load, temperature, and the like ...

In the absence of 'gauge' or 'absolute' options, MRTG treats variables as a counters and calculates the difference between the current and the previous value and divides that by the elapsed time between the last two readings to get the value to be plotted.