[mrtg] Displaying Actual Numbers

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 22 02:54:00 CET 2009

If you're using Routers2, then what you need to do is add the extended option 'fixunit':

routers.cgi*Options[xxx]: fixunit

This prevents the m/k/M/G prefixes.  However, note that there may not be enough space on the y-axis for the labels if the numbers are now very big.  Using RRDtool 1.3.x helps (it has more space at the y-axis for labels).

You may also want to add the 'integer' option, as due to normalisation of data windows you might find that you end up with decimals.  And, the extended options 'nototal' and 'nopercentile' (if this should not be totalled as a rate or the 95th percentile calculated); finally the 'nopercent' option prevents the percentage of MaxBytes from being calculated (if there is no meaning to this), and 'nomax' tells Routers2 that there is no real upper limit (so no max line, no percentage, etc)

Steve